This privacy statement details how BestCollegesOnline.com gathers, utilizes, and shares users’ personal information. It is possible that it will be updated in the future if our policies change. Thus, we suggest that users read through it now and again to ensure their BestCollegesOnline.com information policy knowledge is current.
BestCollegesOnline.com may collect personal information from you during your use of our site and services, such as contact and demographic information, as well as information about your computer. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, education, zip code, operating system, IP address, telephone number, or mailing address.
Information you give to BestCollegesOnline.com is considered an inquiry into our website and services. As such, you give us, our partners, and our affiliates the right to contact you. You also give said parties permission to call you despite your being listed on a state or federal Do Not Call list because companies queried are omitted from Do Not Call list stipulations.
Information is used to:
- Suggest online college degree programs suitable for you and your busy schedule
- Provide you with information pertaining to your education and career goals, or on schools for which you’ve requested such information
- Address your questions, concerns, or customer service requests
- Provide you with news or marketing information that relates to your career or educational pursuits
- Better our services and business model
- Engage in various forms of research and analysis as they relate to our business
Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications
We understand that some users will not want to be participants in our marketing communications. As such, we’ve made unsubscribing to such communications simple. You will find unsubscribe directions in our emails to you.
Another instance is when we have your permission and are legally ordered to do so if we’re engaged in merging, acquiring, or selling some or all of our business assets. In this case, if we feel with good reason (i.e. in good faith) that doing so will meet a government demand, aid us in investigating fraud, or necessarily safeguard yours, another’s, or our physical safety or rights, we may give a third party your personal information.