Students enrolling in online courses may feel that they’re missing out on many campus-based services by taking online classes instead of traditional ones, but that may not always be the case. Most, if not all online universities, provide students with online resources that are similar to many of those found on campus. While online students might not have the exact same perks as students on campus, they’ll still find that there are a wide range of services available to meet their educational needs.
- Electronic libraries. You may not be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of the library at your online college, but you can take advantage of its resources for research. Electronic libraries let students look through thousands of e-books, journals, magazines and databases for material that they can use in their studies. Can’t find the book you’re looking for? Online librarians like those at the Univeristy of Phoenix online library will be there to help you with all your research queries.
- Academic advising. When choosing courses and planning out the course of your degree program, you’ll be able to find help and guidance from academic advisors. Most can easily be reached by email for any questions and concerns about your academic progress.
- Online tutoring. Students who are struggling with course materials or those who want a little guidance in learning to write more clearly and concisely should check out the online tutoring services offered by many online colleges. While you might not end up interacting one on one with someone, you will get access to some great tutorials that can help make complex science and math ideas a little easier to understand.
- Career counseling. Your online school won’t leave you out in the cold when it comes time to graduate. Many schools offer comprehensive career counseling and job hunting help to ensure that students maximize the benefit of their new degree.
- Technical support. Can’t log in? Website keeps locking up? You’ll need the help of this great service provided by your college. Most large schools will have tech support pros on call every day so you’ll be able to get the help you need to get all the technical stuff working how it should.
- Student services. From making sure your financial aid is in order to helping you figure out the admissions process, these staff members are there to help with any questions you may have.
Online students might not have access to campus computer labs and scenic quads, but they can expect service and support where it matters. Educational and academic services are available and can help to make an online educational experience much more comparable to one on campus.