Meet our Writer
For more than two decades, Michael Keathley has been an active writer, editor, and educator. After completing a Master of Arts in Classics, additional graduate work in English and education, and overseas study in Macedonia, Italy, Greece, and Pakistan, he authored several monthly columns in international newspapers. He also wrote five books under the pseudonym Michael A. Dimitri, as well as several hundred articles while working as a faculty member and administrator at various postsecondary institutions both on ground and online. His research interests include Macedonian Studies, Composition/Rhetoric, and online pedagogy. Michael is a frequent lecturer and presenter at national and international conferences, including these recent events:
- National Association for Developmental Education, 2013
- Annual National Learning Centers Conference, 2012, 2011
- Kaplan University General Education Conference, 2012, 2011
- Clute Institute International Conference, 2012
- Midwest Writing Centers Association Conference, 2011
An award-winning professor, Michael has been officially recognized for his work inspiring and motivating students, especially online learners:
- Honorable Mention, Outstanding Leadership Award, Kaplan University, Fall 2012
- Recipient, Inspiration Award for achieving a 96% attendance rate among his online students, Harrison College, Summer 2009
- Recipient, New Student Retention Award, Harrison College, Summer 2009
- Finalist, President’s Award for Instructional Excellence, IVY Tech Community College, Indiana, 2008-2009
- Winner, The President’s Award to honor service and dedication, Nevoliany Benevolent Association, 2006
At BestCollegesOnline.com, we’re excited about guiding you toward challenging, satisfying academic programs that will propel your career into the future. We know that competition for exciting careers is tough, which is why we provide the most current guides, news, tips, and rankings to prepare you for college and the job search after graduation.
To help you keep up with the latest trends in higher education, Michael Keathley reports on EDU News, which brings you news from around college campuses and academia, surveying national reports and opinion, school-specific news items, and current college trends.
To learn more about specific online colleges and universities, visit our College Guide. If you’re not sure what subject you want to study, head over to our Rankings section to learn about the top online programs in business, education, health care, criminal justice, and more.
Check out our Career Guides to learn about specific job titles. Learn how to prepare for the job you want, what that job entails, and how much you’ll earn once you get there. We’ve covered virtually every job within industries like health care, teaching, real estate, art and design, communications, the sciences, community outreach, business, the performing arts, computer science, and more.
If you’re ready to get back into the classroom but are new to online learning, check out the Ask Our Advisor section. It breaks down the essentials of paying for school, communicating with professors, finding high-quality online colleges, buying supplies, picking a degree program, and getting support as you earn your degree.
Visit the Blog to read posts about higher education, succeeding in the job market, feature stories on college culture, and even more tips for online learning.